Video marketing is quickly becoming one of the hottest ways of showcasing and promoting your online business!
According to some recent studies, 57% of people have watched online videos at some point in their lives, and 19% watch them every day. Those figures appear to be growing steadily as internet usage and social networking grows more and more popular.
Here are some benefits of Video Marketing:
• You can showcase your product or service in a unique way that will both entertain your viewers and offer them valuable information.
• Videos get a lot of views and a better response rate than articles and blogs. People are more willing to sit through a two-minute video than read a long blog entry.
• You can better illustrate the concepts you’re trying to convey. Some topics are just plain hard to describe and lay out in print form, but video allows you to show rather than tell. This is especially true when it comes to technical “how-tos”: videos can be much easier to follow.
• You can avoid the duplicate content penalty altogether. Videos currently do not abide by the same rules as normal articles and blog posts. So, essentially, you can take all of the articles in your article marketing campaign and turn them into videos, and you will never be penalized.
• Videos allow you to create new, fresh content easily without getting a headache trying to think of something to say, as with articles. Everyone knows that you need fresh content on your website on a regular basis to keep it ranking high, and videos allow you to do this without too much effort on your part.
• You can capture the attention of your visitors in an entirely different way. If your visitors are used to reading print, audio/video will offer them something new and exciting, something that may push them over the line from an undecided to a buying customer.
• Videos rank high in the search engines. Most keyword phrases now feature one or two YouTube videos on the front page. It’s pretty obvious then, that you should create one or more videos for each keyword phrase you want to target.
• Creating a video can be done for free, or at a very reasonable rate. (Or you can go all out and stage a major video production. I’m assuming that most people reading this guide won’t have the budget for that, but I do cover it in a section later on.)
• Video sites like YouTube allow their users to spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and so on. This is how videos go “viral”. Essentially, other people in large part will do the marketing for you, by recommending the video to their friends and family and spreading the word. However, videos don’t have to go viral in order to be profitable for your business. You can have great video marketing success without it!
• Currently, not a whole lot of people use video marketing, so competition is pretty tame. As you probably already know, competing in print format can be pretty brutal, but video allows you to gain lots of traffic and customers without too much blood, sweat, and tears.
• Video websites like YouTube appear to have much more of a sizable “community”. You’ll see videos with thousands of comments and hundreds of video responses. Videographers communicate with each other and form active relationships.
• Studies have shown that video marketing produces increased traffic, sales, and opt-ins. Almost all marketers who put an honest effort into video marketing are pleased with the result. Videos allow you to show another side of yourself and your business that simply cannot be gained by reading text on a white background. You can show your personality. Adding music and graphics can make things fun and exciting. When your visitors genuinely like you and enjoy your content, they will be much more likely to buy whatever it is you’re selling.
© Ruby Marketing